We are in the middle of planning the exact layout and functionality of our tasting room for the brewery. There are a lot of variables that go into the fit and finish of the space, not the least of which is the experience of all our supporters/patrons. A close second would be the amount of money we have left over at the end of this process to finish the space. As such, and likely because you have more experience than anyone visiting tasting rooms in Vancouver and beyond, we want your feedback and help so that we build a functional, interesting and immersive space the first time around.
So given this, please pass along your feedback. You can send it directly to me at email@example.com or you can post a comment below. I want to know everything! The good, the bad and the ugly on anything and everything. If you need some help with what we are looking for, here are some items we are looking to get feedback around (don’t feel limited by my list, you can push any information you think is relevant our way):
- How much separation between tasting room and brewery: Brick wall, no wall, or glass window, etc.
- What kind of seating do you want: Bench, smaller tables, long communal tables, bar seating, lots of standing room areas, etc
- Do you want TV’s?
- What do you want to see on the walls? Artwork, Descriptions of the brewery equipment?
- What works and doesn’t work in a growler fill area?
- Would separate bars for Growler and Tasting Room sales be a good thing?
- What are best practices for growler fill areas?
- What is the average price of growler fills and pints in the tasting room out there?
- What kind of food would you want to see on a menu given there would be a very limited kitchen?
- Would you want pre-filled growlers so you could just switch your empty out for a new one, making your stay very quick?
- What would your expectations be around brewery tours?
- Do you care about the details/finishing of the space? Concrete floors OK, if we are broke are picnic tables OK, etc? In other words does a tasting finished like P49 matter versus one finished like 33 Acres?
- Anything else come to mind? I want to hear it.
So that is it. In the future, we are likely going to hold another focus group on a bunch of stuff around our space, and what we learn from your feedback now will help set the stage for that. Thanks for our help and feedback, it means more to me than you can imagine.